Sunday, December 12, 2010

Winter Poem

When winter comes I bid adieu
The time that tells us our fun is through

I count the days till Spring comes back
In my fuzzy socks and knitted hat

November to March my nose is red
It looks as though I should go back to bed

With sniffles as desperate as a puppy dog
And a throat so sore I sound like a frog

Winter break comes soon enough
The perfect time to prepare for take off

Miami, LA, maybe Cabo
Anywhere to take me away from the snow

But school is back and so am I
In the dead of winter I'll do anything to survive

Before I know it February rolls around
The death of winter soon to be found

Reunited once more with my dearest friend Spring
Excitement in the air, you can feel the energy ring

The temperature rises and my sleeves dissapear
100 degrees, the hottest time of the year!

As the leaves start to fall I begin to mourn
I know that soon I'll have to battle the white blustery storm.

1 comment: